ECLB (Electrical Contractors)
Continuing Education Requirements:
14 hours of board approved continuing education is required each biennium prior to the renewal period for both certified and registered contractors; at least 7 hours of which are on technical subjects; 1 hour on workers’ compensation; 1 hour on workplace safety; 1 hour on business practices and 1 hour of advanced course. Multiple license holders are required to complete the continuing education requirements only once each biennium. Contractors who are engaged in alarm system contracting must take a 2 hour false alarm prevention course as a part of their continuing education. The 2 year renewal cycle ends August 31 of EVEN numbered years.
Total Hours: 14 Including these specific course hours:
- Technical (T): 7hr
- W/S (OSHA): 1hr
- W/C (Workers’ Comp) 1hr
- B/P (Business Practices) 1hr
- ADV (Advanced Modules) 1hr
- False Alarm Prevention (FAP): 2hrs for alarm contractors or electrical contractors who perform alarm work*
- General Credit 1-3 hrs (1 hour for contractors required to take false alarm course, 3 hrs for all other electric contractors)
Our 14 hour ECLB/ Inspector CE package includes all 11 mandatory course hours as required by the Electrical Contractors board (Alarm Contractors, see note below)*. Additionally, most courses have been approved by other boards as well and meet their requirements. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course. Please refer to the tab marked course approval numbers for the specific boards and approval numbers for each course.
ECLB - 14 hour package
- Principles of Florida Statutes & Rules: 2hr (Business)
- Advanced Training - Florida Accessibility Code Updates:
- Core B-Required Curriculum: 3hr (1hr W/S, 1hr W/C, 1hr B/P)
- Green Buildings & the Construction Professional: 3hr (Technical)
- Florida Building Code 2010: Overview & Updates: 4hr (Technical)
*For those Electrical Alarm Contractors or Electrical Contractors who perform alarm work, the 2 hour CE course titled “False Alarm Prevention” 2hr (FAP) is designed to meet your Alarm Contractor CE requirement.
This course is only available for purchase individually and not as part of any package.
Upon successful completion of your online CE course you will be able to print a hard copy completion certificate to keep for your records. For State Certified licensees, we will electronically report the completed CE hours to the DBPR and the appropriate board(s).