Architecture & Interior Design
Continuing Education Requirements:
Both architects and interior designers are required to complete 20 hours of educational instruction or training, in subjects or courses approved by the Board, each biennium prior to the license expiration date. A minimum of 16 hours must be in technical and professional subjects related to safeguarding life, health, property and promoting the public welfare. The 2 year renewal cycle ends February 28th of ODD numbered years.
Total Hours: 20 Including these specific course hours:
- 14 hours technical and professional subjects related to safeguarding life, health, property and promoting the public welfare. (H/S/W)
- 2 hours in Florida Building Code ADVANCED courses
- 4 hours in optional or health, safety and welfare related courses
Our 14 hour CE package includes many but not all of the 20 mandatory course hours as required by the Architecture& Interior Design Board. Please refer to the tab marked course approval numbers for the specific boards and approval numbers for each course. The Architecture Board approved courses are clearly marked as either RELATED Topics (H/S/W), ADVANCED Building Code Topics (ADV), or OPTIONAL topics. You may choose your CE courses as the 14 hour package on this page or by choosing the CILB, ECLB or BCAIB 14 hour packages that most accurately relect your area of practice. Our courses have been approved by all these boards including the Board of Architecture. Courses can be purchased individually as well.
Please note: our 2 hour course titled "Advanced Training - Florida Accessibility Code Updates - 2 hr" has been accredited by the FBC and accepted by the Board of Architecture as an ADVANCED MODULE. This course may be purchased individually as well as part of a package.
ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR DESIGN- 14 hour package
- Principles of Florida Statutes & Rules: 2hr (9877741 - Optional)
- Advanced Training - Florida Accessibility and Fair Housing: 2hr (98778150 - ADVANCED)
- Core B-Required Curriculum: 3hr (0007308 Related - H/S/W)
- Wind Mitigation Methodologies 2010: 1hr (9877648 Related - H/S/W)
- Ethics for the Construction Professional: 1hr (9877730 - Related H/S/W)
- Practitioners Guide to the 2010 Florida Building Code: 5hr (0007311 - Related H/S/W)
Please note that most courses have been approved by the CILB, ECLB and BCAI boards in addition to the Board of Architecture. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course.
Upon successful completion of your online CE course you will be able to print a hard copy completion certificate to keep for your records. For State Certified licensees, we will electronically report the completed CE hours to the DBPR and the appropriate board(s).
Go back to the HOMEPAGE to select the board and 14 hour pacakage that most meeds your needs.