(Inspectors, Plan Reviewers & Building Officials)
Continuing Education Requirements:
License holders must complete 14 hours of continuing education during each biennium prior to the renewal date. Of the 14 required hours, 2 hours must be in the Area of Accessibility (AOA) and a minimum of 2 hours in the area of Florida law and rules and 1 hour in the area of ethics. The 2 year renewal cycle ends November 30th of ODD numbered years.
Total Hours: 14 Including these specific course hours:
- AOA (areas of accessibility) 2hr
- L&R (laws & rules) 2hr
- Ethics Training 1hr
Our 14 hour BCAIB/ Inspector CE package includes all 5 mandatory course hours as required by the Inspectors board. Additionally, most courses have been approved by other boards as well and meet their requirements. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course. Please refer to the tab marked course approval numbers for the specific boards and approval numbers for each course.
BCAIB - 14 hour package*
- Principles of Florida Statutes & Rules: 2 hrs (L & R)
- Advanced Training - Florida Accessibility Code Update: 2hrs (AOA)
- Core B-Required Curriculum: 3 hrs (General by Reciprocity), including Successful Business Practices (1hr), Workers' Comp Overview (1hr), and Workplace Safety: a look at the OSHA (1hr)
- Wind Mitigation Methodologies 2010 - Strengthening the Roofing System: 1 hr (General)
- Ethics in the Construction Industry: 2 hrs
(1hr Ethics & 1hr General)
- Florida Building Code 2010: Overview & Updates: 4 hrs (General)
*While this package is designed primarily to meet the requirements of the BCAI Board, this package also meets the 6 hour mandatory requirement of the CILB as well. For those Inspectors who also hold a CILB license this package is the correct choice to meet both boards’ requirements with one 14 hour package.
Upon successful completion of your online CE course you will be able to print a hard copy completion certificate to keep for your records. For State Certified licensees, we will electronically report the completed CE hours to the DBPR and the appropriate board(s).